The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

Photo Credits: oconeeyouthplayhouse.com
OYSP, The Place to Be
April 25, 2024

French Trip to Quebec

French Trip to Quebec
Pierce Barnett

From June 1-6, 8th and 9th graders travel to Quebec. If you want to sign up, there are still spots left. The priority is French students because the trip would be a good opportunity to develop their speaking skills, but all students are welcome.

The chaperones for this trip will be Dr. Bellew and Mrs. Luke. Quebec is a French-speaking province of Canada filled with many historic sights. You will begin flying from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to Montreal’s Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau International Airport. 

Students who partake in this event earn .25 academic credit hours that will appear on their academic transcripts. To secure a spot on the trip, you need to deposit $500 initially. The cost is $3,750 per student, including plane tickets, transportation, room, board, and entry fees. At the hotel, a security guard will be present.

Studying abroad could help you with job interviews, language proficiency, and hands-on outside-the-classroom learning. Speaking of hands-on outside-the-classroom learning, you will have opportunities to go on tours, make your own maple butter, and practice improv.

This year’s trip to Quebec is a great learning experience and a chance to expand your cultural horizons while having fun spending time with your friends. If this sounds interesting, take advantage of this opportunity.