The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

Photo Credits: oconeeyouthplayhouse.com
OYSP, The Place to Be
April 25, 2024

Sam Rubin Cards: Everything You Need to Know

+Cale+Mixson%2C+Taking+a+picture+of+The+House+on+the+Hill%0A
Cale Mixson, Taking a picture of The House on the Hill

Sam Rubin has invented something amazing that has taken the 7th-grade world by storm, “Sam Rubin Cards”. These notecards turned into art have been collected by many. 

Henning Meyer of 7th grade says he became interested because, “It was a whole trend going around, and I thought it was cool, so I just asked him for a card and I’ve been going ever since.” 

Sam Rubin says that he creates them, “to pass time [sometimes in classes], or if I finish stuff early.”

Sam Rubin Cards are also known for their interesting themes, such as The Porf, the Tally-Me-Banana, and the cancer awareness card. When asked what inspires his themes, Sam said that he is usually asked to make a specific card, but if there are no requests, he just throws in colors in random patterns. 

Henning says that his favorite card is the Tally-Me-Banana card, part of the Fruit Series. I had one personally made for me after the Middle School Play featuring my role as an Athenian Guard. This is a pretty rare card because he says that this is the only card he will ever make of a person. Sam says that his favorite card is The House on the Hill, which is the rarest card he has made. The reason why it is so rare is that it is the first card he has ever made, and it belongs to him. 

Sam Rubin Cards are the cool trend of today, and if you are a parent wondering what the lingo is, then ask them about Sam Rubin Cards.  If you’re a kid, then please tell me if you’re willing to trade. If you are just reading the newspaper, then I hope you enjoyed reading about Sam Rubin Cards.