The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

The Student News Site of Athens Academy

The Spartan Review

Photo Credits: oconeeyouthplayhouse.com
OYSP, The Place to Be
April 25, 2024

Middle School Cross Country Season Ends

The Middle School Cross Country Season is underway, and it’s a ton of fun! Here’s why some of the many members of the middle school cross country team love it!

Cross Country brings people together. Lizzie Dilllon, a student-runner, quotes, “I love cross country because I love hanging out with all my friends, but literally dying together brings us so much closer!”

The coaches in cross country are also so supportive. As another teammate, Ruby Nasworthy said, “I love cross country because it makes me feel accomplished and because my team and coaches are all supportive towards each other.”

The ACAD Middle School Cross Country Team has had five meets this year. The first meet was at North Oconee, and they had eight Spartans make the top ten! Go Spartans! Will Garrard and Blythe Roark got 1st place overall for boys and girls. The second meet was at home and it was 97 degrees- which made it much harder. For the boys, Adrian Harding made the top three and Jennings Hollaway and Will Garrard made top 10 for boys. On the girls side, Lola Hilsman and Blythe Roark got top ten! The most recent race at Jefferson was our first 2 mile race (we usually run 1.8 miles). The Spartans did pretty well with some making the top ten for boys and girls.

Cross country is such a fun sport that teaches you to push yourself in ways that you could never imagine. Being part of a team is just so amazing and you make so many friends along the way. You should definitely take into consideration joining the middle school cross country team next year!